Android is an operating system created by Google and designed for touchscreen mobile phones or tablets. Its system is built on a modified version of the Linux Kernel and open-source software.
The Android operating system is an open-source system, which makes it a flexible solution that can be used and modified by mobile device manufacturers as needed.
Thanks to this, it is the most used operating system for mobile devices – it occupies up to 70% of the total market.
Benefits compared to iOS
- A highly customizable environment that the user and the producer can change,
- an easier way to migrate data from or to a device with this operating system,
- It has more than 100 language mutations that can be set as global system languages.
- Other advantages of the Android operating system
- It is part of the Google ecosystem, which makes it directly synchronized with all its applications.
Disadvantages of Android
- Mobile devices with weaker technical parameters may have slower loading; the system does not have high-quality antivirus protection,
- and does not have sufficient regulation of ads in applications.
- Also, read about the competing iOS operating system.